28 September, 2016
Healthy Eating Tips
An ordinary college student usually has a lack of time, goes through stress on a daily basis, and has to eat on the go. Following good eating habits helps to feel energized, to handle stress, and achieve better results in studying and workouts.
- Start your day with a good breakfast. If you don’t have any time to enjoy your breakfast, grab some fruit, a bagel, or a cup of juice. You can easily eat all these products in your own residence room.
- Make wise choices while eating fast food. Limiting high-calorie foods like French fries, sandwiches, or fried chicken can help you to keep track of your calories while eating fast food. Don’t forget to pay attention to salad dressing.
- Always have a pack of healthy snacks. You can always choose out of rice cakes, pretzels, dried fruit, whole wheat bakery, and unbuttered popcorn. If you have a fridge, you can also consider adding some vegetables, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
- Enrich your diet plan with foods full of calcium. If you are not a fan of milk, try to nourish your diet with low-fat yogurt and cheese. Green vegetables will perfectly mix with your dairy products.
- If you are on the path of losing some weight, do it wisely. Starving and exhausting your body with diets is harmful and dangerous for your health. The safest and healthiest way to lose weight is to have a healthy diet combined with regular exercises.
- Control your sugar intake. Sugar is one of the sources of calories in products, but it contains few nutrients. Use diet sweeteners while adding something sweet to tea, coffee, cereal, and fruit.
- Don’t forget to come to dining hall salad bar. Depending on how you prefer your salad, it can be a curse or a blessing. Some salads with mayonnaise, cheesy dressings, bacon, and cream may exceed the number of calories in fries and fast food burgers. Make a wise choice!
- Alcohol won’t keep your diet healthy. Remember that drinking alcohol adds more calories but doesn’t add any nutritional value. A glass of wine, beer, or an ounce of liquor has around 100 calories each drink. Moreover, drinking alcohol leads to health problems, which ruin immune system.
- Remember to drink a lot of water. Eight glasses of water a day must be your standard. If you train regularly, you need more than that. You may carry a bottle of water to remind yourself about the needed daily portion.
- Enjoy every piece of food you eat. Food is much more than just a nourishment of your body, so relax and enjoy the moment of eating your healthy meal!
28 September, 2016